top of page
  • What type of assistance does Burke United Christian Ministries provide?
    BUCM provides assistants to people living in Burke County with food, power, water, and rent.
  • When can I get assistance at Burke United Christian Ministries?
    Our hours of assistance are the following: Monday: 9:00am - 2:00pm Tuesday: 9:00am - 4:00pm Wednesday: 9:00am – 2:00pm Thursday: 9:00am - 2:00pm Friday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
  • What do I need to do to recieve assistance?
    Clients living in Burke County may come in for assistance. Enter through Burke Mission Station front doors, and we are the window on the left, under the large clock. Bring your photo ID or Driver’s license and a piece of mail with your name and address of your home. The following items need to be brought in to be evaluated for assistance: * Income Verification (Pay Stubs or Bank Statement) * Department of Social Services Passport * Receipts or Bills of ALL expenses that you pay each month (examples below) * Rent Receipt * Water Bill * Electric Bill * Car Payment * Any Insurance * Cell Phone * Television * Medical Bills * Copy of most recent income tax return * Disconnect, Eviction Notice or Deposit Invoice (if you are starting a new account) Please note that all bill must be in the name of the person seeking assistance
  • How do I get a Department of Social Services (DSS) Passport?
    We asked all of our clients to first go to the Department of Social Services to seek assistance from their resources. If they are able to help you and you still need more assistance, they will give you a yellow sheet of paper that is called a passport. If DSS, is unable to assist you they will provide you with a yellow sheet of paper called a passport.
  • I recently started a job and I have not been paid yet, how do I verify my income?"
    Please provide us with a letter from your new employer about what you will be making and an estimate of how many hours you will be working.
  • When does the Soup Kitchen serve meals?
    Monday lunch 11:00-12:30 Tuesday lunch 11:00-12:30 Wednesday lunch 11:00-12:30 Thursday lunch 11:00-12:30 Friday lunch 11:00-12:30
  • How often can I recieve services?
    Enter your answer here
  • What type of donations do you take and where should they be taken?
    Food Donations: We accept food donations for the food pantry and soup kitchen. When you pull into our parking lot and are facing the building, food donations are accepted on the left side. Donations for Saved for You Thrift Store: Clothing, shoes, and small household items are accepted in the clothing store. When you pull into our parking lot and are facing the building, donations for the store are accepted on the right side of the building. Donations for Elves' Christmas Store: Seasonal decorating items are accepted along with crafting tools and items. Items for our Christmas store are accepted at the Saved for You Clothing Store. Hygiene Donations: We accept hygiene donations for our clients. These items will be accepted at the food pantry. Monetary Donations: You can make a donation online, inperson, with check, cash, or card.
  • If I have items that I want to be put in the clothing closet for clients and to be NOT sold in the store, how do I make sure of this?"
    Please take all clothing and small household items to the Saved for You Clothing Store on the right side of the building (when facing BUCM). If you have items that you specifically want to go to clients or in the clothing closet, let the volunteer know and they will designate it for the clients.
  • When is the Saved for You Thrift Store open?
    Monday: 9:00am – 2:00pm Tuesday: 9:00am – 6:00pm Wednesday: 9:00am – 2:00pm Thursday: 9:00am - 2:00pm Friday: 9:00am - 2:00pm Saturday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
  • When is the Elves' Christmas Store open?
    Enter your answer here
bottom of page